We have all done it. Dreamed about, or wished for something that we wanted with all our hearts, but the dream couldn't come true for some reason or other. So we put off the dream or the wish, hoping that it will happen someday. Maybe its a new car, or going to the Grand Canyon and Paris and all the other places you been wanting to see or winning the lottery or maybe it's as simple as quitting smoking or eating right and exercising.
Well, I have been eating right and exercising, it's going well thanks. I keep trying to quit smoking, I will soon. The most I have won in the lottery is $50. I have landed at the Paris airport and I have flown over the Grand Canyon. I still want a new car, actually any car would do.
But something great happened the other day. One of my dreams came true. A dream that I was wondering if it was possible to come true. Not that it was an impossible dream. And it turned out that the process was easier than I thought. But what needed to happen before this dream came true was for a lot of other things to happen. And some of those things were really tough.
Ok enough of the beating around the bush, get to the point, Kurt!
My dream was for my best friend and I to make a reality of starting our own foundation to help young people with the modern social problems of coming of age in our world. The that part still needs to come true but we have begun our plan. And there are many segments to this plan. You see, in order for people to know about our foundation we knew we would have to get the word out, plus we would have to understand the scope of the problems that are faced in todays society. So the plan was to start with a talk radio show. That's the dream that came true. Last Friday, June 15th, 2012, at 6:30pm, we broadcast our first show call "Straight To The Point! with Michael Lloyd", we have begun the first step to making the whole dream come true.
(There are many layers to this plan of ours, but as for the rest of the layers, until they happen they are our corporate secrets.)
One year ago to the day, my friend Michael Lloyd and I started formulating the plan. You have to know that up till that point one year ago. Michael and I had gone thru an incredible amount of what we call "crap". Btw, the "Crap" we went thru includes several addictions; alcohol, drug use (meth mostly), and sex (risky sex, to say the least), and coming to terms with HIV and other STD's.
You have to understand that Michael and I are very close friends, I don't think I have ever had a friend like, Michael, he is as important to me, as my own family and God.
It's been a long hard battle, for both of us. But early on we made a vow or pact, if you will, to help each other and never give up on one another. Yes, each of us has fallen, but we have always been there for each other. And today we can say that we have beaten most of the addictions. And we have God and friends and family to thank for this.
So wish us luck, and of you have a chance listen in on our show. And if you can, maybe help us out along the way. We have a long way to go. But trust me. We will get there.
Someday.
We made it! I am so proud to have you on board, and it's been one journey that I wil never forget, and can't wait to see where we will be next year. Much Love,
ReplyDeleteMSL.